Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mitt's Healthcare Boost?

The Massachusetts health care news is getting big-time play for Mitt Romney. Jeff Greenfield is saying that it could be the centerpiece of his run for the presidency. I haven't looked at the details of the plan so I can't say what I think about it as far as policy -- I'm naturally leary of any government program, but it does highlight the beauty of American federalism and our "laboratories of democracy" -- but Mitt is getting a lot of positive press out of it.

It isn't all positive, however. Someone at Redstate.com is throwing around the "H" word.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tentativly put my support behind this, especially after reading "Mitt's Fit" from one of the Heritage Foundation's fellows.

The truth is that we (state, federal, whomever) need something. Firebreathing conservatives (the ones that think abolishing federal education is a good idea) and libertarians won't support this, but this is only a segment of the conservative base. Moderate conservatives will support this in the same way they rallied behind the idea of "compassionate conservatism". More than this, reforming healthcare has widespread appeal with Joe/Jane Smith who don't really care about idealism, they just want to see results.

Just my thought.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats