Thursday, February 22, 2007

Equivocating Bopp?

A day after writing a National Review article strongly advocating Mitt Romney's pro-life credentials, I was surprised to find James Bopp, Jr. seeming to equivocate on Romney a little in an interview with the Politico yesterday:
"I don’t know yet about Romney," Bopp admits. "I’m not really sure where [abortion] will ultimately fit in his agenda. He's still on a journey."
Seems to me that this sort of response plays into the concerns that Romney has been trying to lay to rest over just where he stands.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Hampton said...

If you look at the comments to that article, Bopp responds:

"The last four paragraphs combine answers to several questions creating the erroneous impression that I am uncertain about Romney's pro-life position. I am not. He is sincere about ending abortion and is not paying lip service to it. He will promote pro-life legislation, oppose pro-choice legislation (as he has as Governor) and appoint strict constructionist judges. My statement about his ?journey? was about what priority he would give it. It is important now and is growing in importance to him."

1:09 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Thanks for pointing that out Kyle. I hadn't read the subsequent comments after the post/article. I think Bopp's comments very much created an erroneous impression and he obviously realized that in clarifying himself.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats