Monday, January 29, 2007

Brownback and Huckabee Aiming at Romney

Sam Brownback: On Fox News Sunday yesterday, Brownback was asked more questions about Mitt Romney than his own personal positions. He continued to trump his "true conservative" status: "I've been standing for life all along, and I'll continue to, and I think other people in this race have not stood for life all along. I've been standing and fighting for marriage as the union of a man and woman bonded together for life. I've fought for those in the Senate, and others have voted differently on those. That's what I'm pointing out." He said Romney would "have to stand on his own record. At times he's stated that he's pro-life, and at times he's stated differently. That's something that's going to be coming out during the campaign, and I think that's clear from the outset."

Mike Huckabee: On Meet the Press yesterday, Huckabee seemed to take a subtle jab at Romney when discussing his pro-life status "I always am going to err on the side of life, Tim. I believe life is precious. But I think the issue for many of us who are in the pro-life camp—and I have been since, you know, I was a teenager. This is not something that I’ve been all over the board on, it’s consistent."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Stats